Looking after MSK health at home and at work means following a bone and joint healthy lifestyle
- Stay physical active to remain fit
- Maintain an ideal weight
- Eat a balanced diet with calcium and fish oils
- Avoid smoking and excess alcohol
Key actions as an employer to look after MSK health at home & at work
- Facilitate open discussions on healthy lifestyles and lead by example.
- Encourage and support your workers to develop positive attitudes towards MSK health both in and outside the workplace.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for MSK health promoting activities such as warm-ups and minibreaks to move and stretch.
- Inform staff of available workplace support and facilities to promote their MSK health, for example through exercise.
Now see the other actions to take